Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Carolyn Dezurik Interview


The Dezurik Sisters - The Arizona Yodeler (from The Cackle Sisters compilation 2002)

I wish.

I had been trying to get a hold of one of the remaining Cackle Sisters to try and get a few words for interview number 2 but I was unfortunately informed of her recent passing yesterday. Carolyn had lived with her husband Rusty in the Chicago suburbs since I'm guessing the 1960s and passed away this March at the age of 90. For those of you who don't know the music of the Dezurik sisters, they were yodelers who preformed on Chicago's National Barn Dance as well as the Grand Ole Opry and lots of TV shows. Their favorite music was the sounds of animals, which they would imitate (especially chickens) in their songs. Together they recorded some of my very favorite music, and probably some of the weirdest. I only wish I could have reached out sooner for meeting Carolyn would have been an honor. RIP, you surely will be missed.

Just discovered this motherload of radio show recordings thanks to WFMU that I was not aware of too, the more Cackle the better!

If you haven't don't forget to check out the DJ Slugo interview from a few weeks ago too!

No comments: