Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More Jerks


Vaughn da Kid - Feelin' Real Dougie 2009

Less slap in this "Jerkin" track, more stumbling synths and samples. Reminds me a lot of the Bay Area Myspace song stuff from a few years ago. Oh wait, so does everything from Southern California right now. If Hyphy ain't broken, why fix it? Vaughn the kid hails from the internet San Fernando Valley and has been rapping since 6th grade. His cousin Young Piff handles most of the production, who also did a song about talking on AIM. There used to be shame in the internet, where did all this brazenness come from?! I realized recently that this is pretty much the first time in my life that I've listened to music made by significantly younger people, for a significantly younger audience, which makes me officially old.

No comments: