Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Drums of Death


DJ Chuckie - Caribbean Drumz (from Bubbling Beats vol 4 2004)

I'm still not sure what the hell Bubbling House is, but so far this is pretty much the definition for me. Not in a sense of popularity where stuff like this is played, but as kind of a backbone. Something I could see being played in Suriname, Curacao, and the rest of the Papiamento speaking islands, even if this was made in Amsterdam. The reason for my confusion is all the mixed messages I've been getting, everything from sped up Dancehall and Reggaeton to the Cha Cha Slide, it's a lot to process! If your into DJ Master D's Mad Drumz track, you'll be into this for sure. A lot of Chuckies music is way too ravey for me, but he's been working with Lil Jon recently so maybe he'll bring Crunk back.

No comments: