Monday, October 12, 2009

Sonido Kumbala


Sonido Kumbala - La 3ra De Los Toquesitos (from 22 Exitos: Disco De Oro Vol.3 2008?)

Last time I was in NYC, I made my friend take me to the Kumbala shop in Brooklyn to try and find some CDs. At this point I wasn't really sure what to look for (and didn't have much money) and decided to grab one of the Kumbala comps which ended up being great. Usually I just go with the CD with the hottest girl on the cover, but that can be a gamble. Some Mirlos covers, some more traditional stuff, and some weirder synthy stuff, the whole CD ended up being nice. This instrumental track falls towards the later, which was going to be used for a mix I was working on but didn't end up fitting.

I tried to get a decent picture of this joint but I only had my medium format Rolleicord with no flash. But hey, my Chicago Cumbia shop series will look a lot better...soon.

In other Cumbia news, Bersa Discos 6 is out now! If I had money, I'd buy it! That Sabo and Cassady track knocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

should have picked up vol 1+2 also great classic songs